Best Dog Shampoo
I was amazed on seeing the huge variety of shampoos for dogs in the market. There are shampoos for dry skin, for itchy skin, for fleas, for itching, and what not. This makes choosing a dog shampoo difficult, and for some confusing. Before buying a shampoo, one should specifically consider aspects like pH value and ingredients. In this article, we will be discussing some of the best dog shampoos, which have shown visible results, as far as coat texture and hair tangles are concerned. If not, you can try making your own homemade dog shampoo using easily available ingredients like oatmeal, eggs, rosemary extracts, etc. Considerations
Before finalizing any shampoo for your dear pet, you need to consider certain aspects which are given below.
Dog Shampoo Reviews HydraPlex PLUS
- pH value: High pH value can cause harm to your dog, so it is always better to check the pH value on the ingredients list, before choosing a shampoo. It is best desired to have a pH value around 7.
- Scent: We humans are more attracted to scents in shampoos. Dogs are not that inclined to scents, and heavily scented shampoos can cause irritation to your pet.
- Natural Ingredients: Choose a shampoo based on natural ingredients. An oatmeal based shampoo is best suited for dogs' skin. Natural ingredients (like peppermint, burdock, aloe Vera, calendula, Ordenone, etc) are not at all harmful, and they help in controlling bad odor, and bacterial infection.
- Price: As far as price is concerned, good quality shampoos fall on the higher side. So don't fuss over the price as a bad shampoo can cause more harm than good.
- Lather: The shampoo should lather lightly and should be easy to rinse off.
- Tear-less: For your canine, go for a tear-less shampoo, as the chemicals can harm your pet's eyes. The tear-less feature is generally mentioned on the product.
This is the top rated shampoo for dogs and is the preferred choice of many dog owners. The shampoo is made of aloe vera and is 100 percent natural. The pH is well-balanced due to oatmeal. The shampoo is rich in essential oils, omega-3 oils, amino complex and zinc. The shampoo prevents itching, foul smell, and dandruff problems in the dog. Bio-Groom Herbal Groom Pet Shampoo
This shampoo is especially good for dry skin, and is fortified with aloe vera and rosemary extracts, which balance the pH value. The shampoo is a blessing for the dog's coat, and the ingredients make it a good moisturizer for the dry skin type in the dog. TropiClean Oxy-Med Medicated Oatmeal Rinse
TropiClean shampoo is rich in vitamins and omega acids. The shampoo controls flakiness, shedding and odor problems in the dog. The shampoo is also a good moisturizer and controls itching problems in the dog. Dog Shampoos for Odor
Dog Shampoos for Dry Skin
- Pet Guard Dog Shampoo
- Kelco Filthy Animal Shampoo
- DogoSuds Lavender Dog Shampoo
- Virbac (Zema) 32080 Odor Killing Shampoo
- Kelco ZAP Skin Healing Dog Shampoo
Dog Shampoos for Itchy Skin
- Pet Head Feeling Flaky Dry and Sensitive Skin Dog Shampoo
- Comfy Dog Oatmeal Conditioning Shampoo
- Dermaplex Dry Skin Relief Shampoo
- Happytails Comfy Dog-Oatmeal Shampoo for Dry Skin
- Pet Head Life's An Itch Skin Soothing Dog Shampoo
- John Paul Pet Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
- Bobbi Panter Itchy Dog Shampoo
- Happytails Comfy Dog Oatmeal Shampoo for Itchy Skin
- Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Dog Shampoo
There are many more shampoos in the market, and we have put together here the best ones in the market. For best results, take care to follow all the directions given on the product. I hope the information given in this article is useful to you and your pet. After all he deserves the best.
- Detangler For Dogs
I am sure you feel proud to own a smart canine at home. Yeah, you surely do! However, you would call yourself proud only if you take the necessary care of your dog which includes its health, food, grooming etc. When I say dog grooming, there are...
- Homemade Dog Shampoo
Bathing your dog is an important grooming ritual. As a pet owner, you'd obviously want what's best for your pet, and that automatically includes grooming products. You would ordinarily find a variety of dog shampoos and conditioners in pet...
- Dandruff In Dogs
All dog owners, in my opinion, are very protective and caring about their dogs. Taking special care of their darling little sweethearts is not an easy task and requires their constant attention. And the love and affection that these dogs provide...
- Rashes On Dogs
If you have a dog, it's important that you know all about the various dog health problems they can suffer from, one of them being skin rashes. Rashes on dogs is a common health problem that many dogs suffer from. If proper care is taken and if...
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo Ingredients
Paul Mitchell are popular shampoos containing natural ingredients to promote healthy hair for both men and women. Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo ingredients help reduce inflammation in the scalp, and prevent lice, dandruff, and dry skin. There are different...